Print Materials List
Watercolor Supply List
In general, any watercolor paint, brushes, and watercolor paper will do, but if you need to purchase materials here is a list:
Winsor Newton is recommended; other brands are also good. If possible, avoid the word HUE in the name of the color of paint, as it indicates a lesser quality pigment.
The instructor prefers to buy tubes and a separate palette, refilling the palette as needed.
Basic colors for starting:
- Cobalt Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phthalo Blue
- Winsor Red or Cadmium Red Medium
- Cadmium Red Light
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Yellow
- Lemon Yellow
- Burnt Sienna
- Burnt Umber
- One round size 6 or 7 genuine sable is best. Synthetic brushes are stiffer and leave more edges but can be used.
- One flat brush about 1 inch wide for washes
- Optional: One rigger or liner brush (a very thin/long shaped brush)
- 9”x12” 140lb cold press watercolor pad or bigger sheets and cutting it to size (90lb is thinner and may curl). The instructor recommends Fabriano or Arches watercolor paper.
- 2 or 4H pencil and eraser
If you already have supplies bring what you have, and the instructor will evaluate the materials with you.