Pelham Art Center Announces Facility Upgrades and Updated Policies for Fall 2020
Pelham Art Center has announced a series of facility upgrades in advance of its Fall 2020 semester beginning September 21st. The Art Center has made several studio improvements and preparations to ensure the safety of all students, patrons, teachers, and staff.
Facility upgrades include:
Levoit Air Purifiers with HEPA filters designed to purify the air every 30 minutes.
An upgraded exhaust systems to have proper airflow and ventilation at all times
Reduced the class offerings and limited class sizes to ensure ample space for physical distancing
The installation of brand new studio sinks
Improved art storage spaces
Renovations which added an additional 105 square feet to Studio 2
Daily cleanings, plus the provision of sanitizing gel and wipes for all students and teachers
Updated safety guidelines for all staff and visitors
Pelham Art Center has instated the following safety guidelines for all students and visitors:
- All students and visitors must enter at the front door. Evening class students must enter through the courtyard door.
- Upon entering, please sanitize your hands and sign the log-in sheet in the vestibule
- Upon entering, please wait for a staff member to take your temperature (anyone with a temperature over 100.0 will be asked to leave)
- Youth students must be accompanied by an adult when entering
- Masks must be worn at all times during classes and while viewing the gallery
- Students and visitors should exit through the courtyard door
- Studios are cleaned prior to every class
- Sanitizing wipes will be available in every studio for personal use; feel free to wipe down your area before starting your class
- No eating or drinking is allowed in the studios and gallery. There is a water dispenser and cups for use in the restroom area.
- In the unfortunate event that a class or the facility is shutdown, our classes will go directly to a digital Zoom class and will continue that way until we return. There will be no refunds given.
- If you do not follow any of the procedures, you will be asked to leave the facility immediately. No refunds will be given.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home.